Welcome to Resources for the Serengeti and the Serengeti Migration Here you will find resources that are committed to this wonder of nature. This page is dedicated to providing you with the information you need to learn more the “endless plains” and the migration that call her home. You will also find resources that are available to help you explore, experience and engage this natural wonder. Return to Serengeti Migration or learn more below. Here you will find a section of resources for the following:
- Safaris and Tours
- Conservation Efforts
- Other Services
The Serengeti, is a Swahili word meaning endless plains, is home to the world’s largest mammal migration. The Serengeti migration is a natural wonder shared between Tanzania and Kenya. The majority of the migration takes place in Tanzania but crossing the river into Kenya and the Masai Mara is one of the most sought after encounters with nature.
- TANAPA: The Serengeti is one of Tanzania’s national parks. You can visit them to learn more about the endless plains or other national parks from the country.
- Tanzania Tourist Board: The Tanzania Tourist Board is a great place to get more information about traveling to Tanzania where you can visit this natural wonder.
- UNESCO: The Serengeti is a world heritage site. You can learn more about what UNESCO says on the home of the world’s largest migration.
Serengeti Safari and Tour Guide Resources
The list of resources you will find here are designated organizations that will guide you on a safari or tour of this wonder of nature. It is important that you learn about the differences of each company and make certain that you find the one that is best for you and your safari experience.
Lodging for the Serengeti varies depending on your needs and travel desires. You can select from luxury lodges, hotels and tents to other options that are more moderate or economical. You can look for stays that are more comfortable or more adventurous. You can stay in different regions of the national park depending on your primary interests. Explore these lodging resources below and find the one that is best for you.
- Four Seasons Serengeti: The Four Seasons Serengeti Is a five-star luxury hotel nestled in the heart of the national park giving you access to the various regions.
Other Serengeti Services
You may be looking for services other than lodging or tours. Here you will find resources for engaging the Serengeti in different ways.
- Serengeti Balloon Safaris: one of the best ways to experience the Serengeti migration is through balloon safari overhead. This gives you a true view of the expanse of this incredible wonder of nature.
Serengeti Conservation Efforts
There had been a proposal to pave a road through Serengeti to help with transportation needs. However, the Tanzanian government recognize the threat to the migration and wildlife calling the Serengeti home, and made the commitment to avoid placing the road through the park. There is still a need to invest and protect in the Serengeti environment and the wildlife calling her home.
Return to Serengeti Migration