Welcome to Resources for Mount Kilimanjaro! Here you will find resources that are committed to Mount Kilimanjaro. This page is dedicated to providing you with the information you need to learn more Mount Kilimanjaro. You will also find resources that are available to help you explore, experience and engage the wonders of nature. Return to Mount Kilimanjaro or learn more below. Here you will find a section of resources for the following:
- Trekking and Climbing
- Conservation Efforts
- Other Services
Mount Kilimanjaro Information
Mount Kilimanjaro is the tallest mountain in Africa and the tallest freestanding mountain in the world. Below you will find resources that provide information and history on this famous mountain.
- TANAPA: Mount Kilimanjaro is one of Tanzania’s national parks. You can learn more about the mountain from them along with other national parks from the country.
- Tanzania Tourist Board: The Tanzania Tourist Board is a great place to get more information about traveling to Tanzania where you can vista Mount Kilimanjaro.
- UNESCO: Mount Kilimanjaro is a world heritage site. You can learn more about what UNESCO says about this mountain.
Mount Kilimanjaro Trekking & Climbing Resources
The list of resources you will find here are designated organizations that will accompany and escort you on a track or climb of the mountain. It is important that you learn about the differences of each company and make certain that you find the one that is best for you and your mountain climbing endeavor.
Mount Kilimanjaro Lodging
Lodging for Kilimanjaro is primarily for before and after your climb. Unless you are traveling of the Marangu route, you should plan on using a tent while on the mountain. Kilimanjaro lodging can be found in Arusha, Moshi, and on the base of the mountain. People will choose to stay in different lodges or hotels for different reasons. All 3 are close enough when it comes to beginning your ascent up the mountain. People will choose different lodging options for different reasons. Explore your lodging options and choose the one that suits you the best.
- Mount Meru Hotel: Mount Meru Hotel is located in Arusha, Tanzania. It is a 5-star hotel, and for a bit of history. It served as the venue for the declaration of the Seven Natural Wonders of Africa.
Mount Kilimanjaro Conservation Efforts
There are few threats to the actual mountain itself. Warming trends could affect the year-round snowcapped feature of Mount Kilimanjaro. One of the important things is to make sure that we take care of and protect the wildlife that calls the rain forest around Kilimanjaro home.
- Kilimanjaro Environment Conservation Trust: One of the resources reviewing and investing in the environmental protection of Mount Kilimanjaro.
Return to Mount Kilimanjaro