Welcome to Africa Resources! This page is dedicated to providing you with access to information to help you learn more about the natural wonders of Africa. You will also find resources that are available to help you explore, experience and engage the wonders of nature from this wild continent. Below you will find a section of resources on the following:
- Seven Natural Wonders of Africa
- Natural Wonders by Country
- Wildlife in Africa
- Conservation Efforts
The first ever Swahili International Tourism Expo is taking place in Dar-es-Salaam. The Tanzania Tourism Board is hosting the event with expectations to expose people to Africa’s natural wonders. The expo will take place October 2-5, 2013. For more information, please visit SiTE the official expo site.
Seven Natural Wonders of Africa
Victoria falls is the only one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World found in Africa. You will find resources for Victoria Falls on the main resource page. This section is dedicated to the 7 Wonders of Africa:
- UNESCO on the Falls: UNESCO informational page that shares some of the unique and special aspects of Victoria Falls.
- YouTube on the Falls: A short YouTube video that highlights the splendor of Victoria Falls during the low water levels.
- WikiTravel on the Falls: WikiTravel provides some of the tips for visiting and exploring the falls.
Natural Wonders by Country
You will find resources to help you explore, engage and experience the wonders of nature country by country. If you do not see a country, it is because Seven Natural Wonders is still developing things in that area.
- Botswana Safaris: Safari services for exploring Botswana after experiencing Victoria Falls.
- UNESCO – Tai National Park: Declared a World Heritage site in Africa.
- UNESCO – Mount Kenya: Declared a World Heritage site in Africa.
- UNESCO – Tsingy de Bemaraha: Declared a World Heritage site in Africa.
- UNESCO – Aldabra Atoll: Declared a World Heritage site in Africa.
- UNESCO – Serengeti : Declared a World Heritage site.
- UNESCO – Kilimanjaro: Declared a World Heritage site in Africa.
- UNESCO – Ngorongoro Crater: Declared a World Heritage site in Africa.
- Tanzania Tourism Board : Official tourism site for Tanzania.
- UNESCO – Bwindi Impenetrable National Park: Declared a World Heritage site in Africa and a highlight for Uganda.
- Balukus Guide: Providing tourism information for those wishing to explore Uganda.
- UNESCO – Mana Pools National Park: Declared a World Heritage site in Africa and features Sapi and Chewore Safari areas as well.
Wildlife in Africa
Africa may be the best place to experience the greatest array and collection of wildlife in the world. It is a paradise for animal lovers and nature photographers. This section is committed to exposing you to the wildlife of Africa.
- Birds of Ngorongoro: Get a quick look at some of the birds available at Ngorongoro Crater.”
- Wildlife of Ngorongoro: Discover the wildlife which may be seen at Ngorongoro Crater.”
- How fast does an Ostrich Run: Watch an ostrich run and learn about how fast it goes.”
- How Long Does a Lion Sleep: Learn about the sleeping patterns of the lions, King of the Beast.
- How Tall is a Giraffe: Come face to face with a giraffe and see how tall a giraffe is.
Conservation in Africa
Conservation, eco-tourism, and protecting the wonders of nature is the most important part of Seven Natural Wonders. SNW seeks looks to help people discover, explore and learn more about the wonders of nature so that they fall in love with them. It is hard to create a philosophy and practice of conservation without having a passion for what you are protecting. Below are resources for conservation efforts in Africa.